With the end of the financial year upon us, many of us are in the process of conducting performance appraisals for our employed speech pathologists. Unfortunately, many of us are hampered by the lack of a speech pathologist-specific template that is adaptable for all levels of experience – from new grads to senior clinicians – and management styles.
By popular demand and on the request of our fellow speechies, we’re created an up-to-date template designed specifically for speech pathologists in private practice who want to appraise their staff collaboratively. Main features of our performance appraisal template:
- consistent with the Fair Work Australia requirements;
- aligned with our current range, areas and scope of practice as defined in the Competency-Based Occupational Standards for Speech Pathologists in Australia;
- employees fill out first, so you can prepare for the appraisal meeting properly;
- designed to generate SMART reflections and performance goals for each employee for the next 12 months, including your expected and measurable increases in their core activities (e.g. assessment, reporting and treatment), additional activities (e.g. advocacy, education, clinical research and quality improvement projects), professional development and competency, generally;
- fully editable Word document: add whatever you want, subtract what you don’t need!
- easily integrated with SPA’s Professional Self-Regulation (PSR) requirements. File with proof of SPA membership and PSR compliance statement.
Looked around but can’t find what you’re after? Drop us an email requesting a template, policy or procedure, and – as with this one – we’ll hop right onto it!