9 questions speech pathology practice owners and supervisors should ask employees in one-to-one supervision sessions:
- If we could improve in any way, how would we do it?
- What’s the number one problem with our practice? Why?
- What’s not fun about working here?
- Who’s doing a great job? Whom do you admire?
- If you were me, what changes would you make?
- What don’t you like about our services for clients?
- What’s the biggest opportunity we’re missing out on?
- What are we not doing that we should be doing?
- Are you happy working here?
Source: Horowitz, B. (2014). The Hard Thing About Hard Things. Harper Collins, NY, NY.
For more on supervision, check out our book “How to supervise speech pathologists properly in private practice“.
This infographic also appears in a recent issue of Banter Booster, our weekly round up of the best speech pathology ideas and practice tips for busy speech pathologists and speech pathology students.
Sign up to receive Banter Booster in your inbox each week: