To introduce sentence-level verb practice, we’ve developed a verb “workout”. It includes:
- over 90 high-frequency verbs illustrated with high quality photos (rather than line drawings or clip art); and
- short sentence scaffolds to practice multiple verbs in present and past tense with a variety of different subjective pronouns (I/he/she/they).
So, simply print a few pages of our photo-verbs (lamination optional), and then jump straight in.
Each verb card:
- features three forms of the verb: e.g. stop, stopping and stopped; and
- a marking (-, +, *) to indicate whether the past tense form of the verb is:
- – regular, unvoiced (e.g. “stopped”, “danced”);
- + regular, voiced (e.g. “carried, “played”); or
- * irregular (e.g. “got”, “did”, “made”, “threw”, “ate”, “took”, “held”, “sat”, “hit”) – particularly useful if the child or adult is overgeneralising.
The markings help you to sort the cards quickly in different ways to focus on specific targets.
Now, let’s get to it! Download and print off your pack, grab your client and meet your host, Joss the Robot.
Evidence and further reading
If you want more evidence-based information, check out our articles about:
There are no reviews yet.