This guide includes 10 low-preparation, printable activities for children who are being treated with the Lidcombe Program for stuttering. These activities are for children in the highly structured and semi-structured (“practice”) phases of Stage 1 of the treatment and are designed to be used in consultation/with the guidance of the child’s speech pathologist.
What you get
- 10 “print and play” fun activities with easy-to-follow directions specifically designed to help you administer 10-15 minutes of therapy per day painlessly;
- 148 pages of printable materials suitable for both face-to-face therapy and telehealth (e.g. Skype/Webcam) – even over Skype, the speech pathologist and client can use the same materials;
- 552 high quality photographs depicting common objects (nouns), places, action words (verbs), and people;
- our 8 Speech Legends including Justice the Ninja, Viv the Pirate, Joss the Robot, and Arden the Warrior Princess;
- 6 attractive colour game boards, including our Smooth Stones Path, Pirate Hunt, Butterfly Chase, Keys to the Castle, Dinosaur Babies, and Freight Attack;
- lists of carrier phrases, description attributes, and conversation starters to help deliver the therapy at the level set by the speech pathologist;
- guidance on how to use and adapt the activities for different levels of fluency and language; and
- additional reinforcement of the main therapy goal – stutter-free speech – with regular reminders from game characters in many activities to focus on smooth speech.
A companion volume
We designed the pack to include lots of cross-over between this pack and our Volume 1 pack. For example, we’ve deliberately used the popular grid-format used in Volume 1 to help parents and speech pathologists adapt the games to help administer the therapy. We also encourage parents and speech pathologists to “mix and match” activities and materials from Volume 1 and 2 to maintain interest.