We are pleased to publish our evidence-based child stuttering assessment pack, revised and updated for 2021.
In this 19-page pack, we provide you with three main resources:
- A scripted list of specific questions you should ask in the assessment (with evidence-based reasons for asking them).
- A suggested assessment battery based on the battery we use in our clinic, again with explanations as to why we use it (with links to some free assessment tools for clinicians who do not have ready access to norm-referenced assessments).
- Specific things to tell parents/carers about stuttering, including Plain English explanations for families about:
- incidence and prevalence;
- why you shouldn’t watch and wait;
- anxiety, hyperactivity, and stuttering;
- the Lidcombe Program;
- the Westmead Program;
- hybrid therapy;
- tips for how to help people who stutter; and
This resource can be used by both experienced stuttering clinicians as well as speech pathologists who see children who stutter, less frequently. In either case, we hope you find this resource helpful!
A PDF and fully editable Word version is included in this pack.